Fun Wedding Ideas
by Jeff Lakie
Here are some great ideas for your wedding. They will make your wedding memorable and fun because that is what it is all about. You may want a beautiful day of pageantry, and you should get that, but there's no reason why it can't also be a lot of fun.
- Set up a mini putt at the reception for you in your guests to play during dinner. You can even have a "kiss the bride" contest if someone sinks the putt.
- One idea gaining popularity now is to put disposable cameras on every table and you'll get a myriad of pictures from every person's angle. It is a great way to memorialize your wedding from a different perspective.
- Weddings are a good time for the bride and groom, but may not be so much fun for the kids. If you hire a child care worker to help take care of the kids, or have someone create a scavenger hunt for them, you can be sure that the kids will find your wedding just as special as you do… even if it's for different reasons.
- Leverage the popularity of Texas Hold'em by finding a dealer and putting a Texas Hold'em table at your reception. It could be a great way earn money for your honeymoon and the guests will have a good time as well as they play this highly popular game.
- A dance is fun, but not everyone is able to dance for a variety of reasons - perhaps age or health keep them from dancing with the rest of the group. Don't let them go home early, instead, provide a handful of board games to keep them from getting bored.
- You could also have a fun game on every table to entertain people while they wait for the bride and groom or while they wait for the food to come, since wedding receptions have plenty of downtime before the action happens. Simple games that are easy to play can be something like a batch of trivia cards, or even a game with dice.
- If you decide to have your wedding a ranch, why not turn the afternoon-long event into a weekend long celebration?!? Offer your guests such enjoyable activities as horseback riding, beach volleyball, and other enjoyable pastimes and your wedding will be an extended vacation for everyone.
You deserve a great wedding that is full of fun and celebration. But you also want to have a wedding that everyone else will remember for a long, long time. Have THE wedding that gets talked about for years and THE wedding by which every other event is measured. Use these ideas and incorporate a few of your own for a great time.