Wedding Menu Ideas for Every Season
Let your wedding catering take a cue from the seasons with these favorite menu ideas for every season...
Spring Wedding Menu Ideas
Summon the taste of spring with light flavors and delicate textures...
- In Season - serve a main dish featuring ham or lamb
- Fresh produce - round out the meal with a bounty of fresh fruits and young vegetables like baby carrots, baby asparagus and new potatoes
- Elegant sides - serve mini quiches or update traditional deviled eggs by adding salmon or crabmeat
- Bar favorites - a spring menu seems to call for champagne. Mix up a batch of mimosas for a morning wedding, or create a festive champagne cocktail.
Summer Wedding Menu Ideas
Use your summer menu to invoke warmth, sunshine and fun...
- Serve lighter fare - think fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables like berries, watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, and corn, seafood and lean poultry like chicken. Between courses, serve a light sorbet.
- Spark up the grill - serve traditional picnic and grill fare like barbeque, burgers and potato salad
- Head to the tropics - feature tropical signature cocktails like margaritas, sangria, or mojitos.
Fall Wedding Menu Ideas
Bring out the rich and comforting tastes of autumn...
- Traditional favorites - you cannot go wrong with seasonal standbys: turkey, red potatoes, corn bread dressing, green beans, and honey glazed carrots.
- Family style - re-create a traditional thanksgiving feast by incorporating your family recipes into your wedding menu and serving the meal family style (if your guest list is small).
- Hearty proteins - Choose a hearty meat that will pair with heavier side dishes - turkey, roasted quail, rib roast
- Keep it elegant - you can serve traditional fare in sophisticated, creative ways - present soup or veggie puree in mini shot classes or hallowed out gourds, or warm apple cider in glass mugs with cinnamon sticks.
Winter Wedding Menu Ideas
Warm up to a decadent winter menu with these cool ideas to reflect the season...
- Hearty dishes - serve heartier fare in sophisticated, creative ways - such as colorful butternut squash puree or warm pumpkin soup in ramekins or shot glasses.
- Wintery beverages - warm guests with eggnog, spiced wine or mixed coffee drinks.